Darkeden Forum
Please Login to enjoy the full benefits of this site!!!

Learn how and where to play Darkeden. Also learn to run your own Private Server.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

[Tutorial] v6.67 Tutorial + Server Files + Client (eng + cn)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Külaline

PostSubject: [Tutorial] v6.67 Tutorial + Server Files + Client (eng + cn)   Sat Jun 14, 2014 2:00 pm

Darkeden v6.67

Has 181, 191, and passive skills.

Also new maps, Gentis Dungeon, Dracula's Castle

Plus loads of new items.

Server Files
dk667 Part 1
dk667 Part 2
dk667 Part 3

Client Files
Chinese Client
English Client #1
English Client #2

You have to use VMWare 9.0 or newer. The server is Ubuntu 12.10 and is in Korean. It's all set up and ready to go. Just have to configure the mysql DB and then open terminal and type ./start

Quick tut on logging into the server and changing the language to English:
Spoiler:

Mysql:
host= 192.168.???.??? (your IP)
user= dk667
pass= 123456
port= 23113

Now we need to update the GameServerInfo and WorldDBInfo with your IP. There are 2 ways to do this...I find the easiest way to accomplish is to use Navicat or something similar. The second way to do this is access the mysql database through the server using a terminal.

Method 1: Using Navicat
Spoiler:

Method 2: Configure using the server
Spoiler:

Configuring the client:
Spoiler:

Last edited by TDF_Dexter on Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
comedor
Peasant

PostSubject: Re: [Tutorial] v6.67 Tutorial + Server Files + Client (eng + cn)   Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:48 pm

Information error, dont have Kamilla garden...
Back to top Go down
Külaline

PostSubject: Re: [Tutorial] v6.67 Tutorial + Server Files + Client (eng + cn)   Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:51 pm

Thank you. I have corrected it.
Back to top Go down
Err0r
Peasant

PostSubject: Re: [Tutorial] v6.67 Tutorial + Server Files + Client (eng + cn)   Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:27 pm

Very nice tutorial.

I think I got the server running, but I have a problem with the client.
I made the bat file and when I start it, I try to log in with dk667 and 123456, then this warning window appears:

NPGAMEMON_COMM_CLOSE

After some seconds of loading...

What do you think it could be?

Thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down
Külaline

PostSubject: Re: [Tutorial] v6.67 Tutorial + Server Files + Client (eng + cn)   Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:43 pm

Err0r wrote:
Very nice tutorial.

I think I got the server running, but I have a problem with the client.
I made the bat file and when I start it, I try to log in with dk667 and 123456, then this warning window appears:

NPGAMEMON_COMM_CLOSE

After some seconds of loading...

What do you think it could be?

Thanks in advance.

What OS do you use?

And to use test account it's

user: 1234
pass: 1234
Back to top Go down
Err0r
Peasant

PostSubject: Re: [Tutorial] v6.67 Tutorial + Server Files + Client (eng + cn)   Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:05 pm

Been using Windows 8.1 - 64 bit.

What I've done so far: Configured the server as described in the tutorial on this thread.

1. Uninstalled KR language pack
2. Found out my IP with config (eth0 ... 192.168.35.128)
(I had to switch to a NAT connection for being able to see this IP.)
3. Edited GameServerInfo and WorldDBInfo with Navicat.
4. Configured the client
5. Replaced the 127.0.0.1 with my IP in gameserver.conf, loginserver.conf and sharedserver.conf
6. ./start
7. Run client with bat file (Weirdly, it crashes after few seconds, so I have to type in info real quick)

The "best" result I got so far is this error, it happened when I tried to log in with 1234 - 1234:
Spoiler:

Great tut again, I'll be surprised if I really manage to run this somehow. Thanks in advance.

Back to top Go down
Külaline

PostSubject: Re: [Tutorial] v6.67 Tutorial + Server Files + Client (eng + cn)   Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:50 pm

It's because your on windows 8.1, it's not compatible together. If you can do a system restore back to 8.0 or refresh it back you will be all gravy.
Back to top Go down
vampeta
Peasant

PostSubject: Re: [Tutorial] v6.67 Tutorial + Server Files + Client (eng + cn)   Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:16 pm

Hello I got this problem when I open the files with vmware v6.67
I use vmware 10 and my windows 7 - 64bits
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: [Tutorial] v6.67 Tutorial + Server Files + Client (eng + cn)   Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:41 pm

vampeta wrote:
Hello I got this problem when I open the files with vmware v6.67
I use vmware 10 and my windows 7 - 64bits

You have to change setting in your bios.

How do you access your computer's BIOS?

Procedures vary depending on the BIOS manufacturer. Usually, you must press a key (such as F2, F12, Delete, or Esc) or a key combination immediately after you turn on your computer before Windows starts. For more information, check the information that came with your computer or go to the computer manufacturer's website.

Check out this video, it might not be exactly the same but it's similar.
Back to top Go down
http://thedarkedenforum.forumotion.com
Elliotest
Commoner

PostSubject: Re: [Tutorial] v6.67 Tutorial + Server Files + Client (eng + cn)   Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:38 pm

I have the same problem as "Err0r" I have Windows 8.1 are you sure I can't do anything without restore back ? Please I really need help I spent many hours to create this server... and I can't restore

EDIT: I set Comptability for dkcn.exe to Windows 7 and in the login screen after fews seconds it crash without error message... help please :'(
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: [Tutorial] v6.67 Tutorial + Server Files + Client (eng + cn)   Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:10 am

Elliotest wrote:
I have the same problem as "Err0r" I have Windows 8.1 are you sure I can't do anything without restore back ? Please I really need help I spent many hours to create this server... and I can't restore

EDIT: I set Comptability for dkcn.exe to Windows 7 and in the login screen after fews seconds it crash without error message... help please :'(

Sorry win8.1 is a horrible horrible OS, the only thing I can think of to do is to install win7 or winXP in vmware and play that way. I recommend installing XP.
Back to top Go down
http://thedarkedenforum.forumotion.com
Elliotest
Commoner

PostSubject: Re: [Tutorial] v6.67 Tutorial + Server Files + Client (eng + cn)   Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:13 am

Windows 7 SP1 Pro didn't work in VMWare it says when I start the bat: "Failed to initialize GameMon. Try rebooting or closing possible programs that can cause a collision" but I haven't programs that can cause a collision and I put all my gb of RAM (I have 8 GB) for Windows 7 Virtual Machine, I put 4 processors but I keep getting this message, I think it's because of Gameguard...

I'm trying with Windows XP so, but I'm wainting for your answer if you can help me with Windows 7... thanks

EDIT: Even with Windows XP it doesn't work it says the same thing as Windows 7: "[114] Failed to initialize GameMon..." I don't know what to do...
Back to top Go down
Elliotest
Commoner

PostSubject: Re: [Tutorial] v6.67 Tutorial + Server Files + Client (eng + cn)   Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:13 am

Is there a v6.67 client which doesn't have GameGuard ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [Tutorial] v6.67 Tutorial + Server Files + Client (eng + cn)   Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:03 am

No there is not. The reason you´re having that gameguard error is that gameguard cannot contact with its update server properly. It uses unusal ports, and 8.1 blocks them, and if u want it to work on windows 7, you need to add gameguard to firewall exceptions. (Gameguard does not have .exe, so you need to add pretty much all .dll and whatever extentions it has, had to mess with it a while back.)

Easiest way to make it work is to disable firewall temporarily (until you play the game), and see if your antivirus isint blocking gameguard.

There is hope, that in the future gameguard will release update for windows 8.1, but that can take awhile.

Good luck!
Back to top Go down
Elliotest
Commoner

PostSubject: Re: [Tutorial] v6.67 Tutorial + Server Files + Client (eng + cn)   Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:06 am

Ok thank you very much, I already disabled Firewall but it doesn't worked.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [Tutorial] v6.67 Tutorial + Server Files + Client (eng + cn)   Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:10 am

Disable your antivirus, that might block the ports gameguard needs.
Besides that i´m out of ideas.
Back to top Go down
Elliotest
Commoner

PostSubject: Re: [Tutorial] v6.67 Tutorial + Server Files + Client (eng + cn)   Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:12 am

In VMWare I used Windows 7 and I disabled the Firewall and Windows Defender but that doesn't worked. I keep getting the error 114.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [Tutorial] v6.67 Tutorial + Server Files + Client (eng + cn)   Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:59 am

Well, if you use the connection from windows 8.1, then it wont work.
You need to give windows 7.1 in vmware seprate connection, otherwise win 8.1 will still block the ports.
Back to top Go down
Elliotest
Commoner

PostSubject: Re: [Tutorial] v6.67 Tutorial + Server Files + Client (eng + cn)   Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:12 pm

How can I do that ? The virtual machine won't connect to the server, isn't it ?

I can disable Windows 8 firewall ? Does it will work for the virtual machine ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [Tutorial] v6.67 Tutorial + Server Files + Client (eng + cn)   Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:25 pm

I think you need to have bridged connection.
Back to top Go down
Elliotest
Commoner

PostSubject: Re: [Tutorial] v6.67 Tutorial + Server Files + Client (eng + cn)   Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:42 pm

I set it like you said but it doesn't worked. I also removed the FireWall of Windows 8.1 but didn't work too, I don't know what to do.
Back to top Go down
thana9
Commoner

PostSubject: Re: [Tutorial] v6.67 Tutorial + Server Files + Client (eng + cn)   Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:25 pm

Runtime Error
Prgram:_:\DKShadow\darkedencn.exe
help me
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [Tutorial] v6.67 Tutorial + Server Files + Client (eng + cn)   Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:59 pm

Elliotest wrote:
I set it like you said but it doesn't worked. I also removed the FireWall of Windows 8.1 but didn't work too, I don't know what to do.

I´m out of ideas lol, best suggestion would be to replace your windows 8.1 with windows 7.
Or install them both, like I did.
Back to top Go down
thana9
Commoner

PostSubject: Re: [Tutorial] v6.67 Tutorial + Server Files + Client (eng + cn)   Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:27 pm

run clint darkeden gameguard eror
Back to top Go down
thana9
Commoner

PostSubject: Re: [Tutorial] v6.67 Tutorial + Server Files + Client (eng + cn)   Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:28 pm

i use win 7 64 bit run clint darkeden gameguard eror
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Tutorial] v6.67 Tutorial + Server Files + Client (eng + cn)   

Back to top Go down

[Tutorial] v6.67 Tutorial + Server Files + Client (eng + cn)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next