Darkeden Forum
Please Login to enjoy the full benefits of this site!!!

Learn how and where to play Darkeden. Also learn to run your own Private Server.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

[Tutorial] v6.67 Tutorial + Server Files + Client (eng + cn)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: [Tutorial] v6.67 Tutorial + Server Files + Client (eng + cn)   Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:57 pm

conf files inside server

#dk_directory#/vs/conf/ and inside there are 3 conf files.
open them all and edit db names to whatever you want like this -

and check all 3 conf files for the db names and passwords and change em.
Back to top Go down
Dickman
Commoner

PostSubject: Re: [Tutorial] v6.67 Tutorial + Server Files + Client (eng + cn)   Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:47 pm

Thank you, I got the infos changed. However..

This is what I get now when trying to start the server or enter mysql through "mysql -u [name] -p":

"Error : SQLConnectException : Access denied for user '[name]'@'localhost' (using password: YES)"

And I can't start the server anymore. And obviously since I can't start server I can't launch DB through HeidiSQL either.

I can still go to dk667 mysql in the server though through this:

"mysql -u dk667 -p"

Should I somehow change DB ownership through "Use DARKEDEN;" in mysql after logging in with dk667? I thought that was supposed to happen through config files but on the other hand I am a natural blond so.. lol

Tbh, I have no idea how to get it back to work (except changing id+pw back to as it was on the configure-files which I don't want to do)

All help is appreciated!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [Tutorial] v6.67 Tutorial + Server Files + Client (eng + cn)   Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:17 am

You could try this, this should work.

Code:
mysql -u userdb -p
enter dbpassword

put this command -
Code:
GRANT ALL ON *.* TO 'userdb'@'%' IDENTIFIED BY 'dbpassword';
and then this -
Code:
flush privileges;
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: [Tutorial] v6.67 Tutorial + Server Files + Client (eng + cn)   Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:34 am

To change the DB name and password you can.

1.) Update the current password. (I don't think you can update the username only password.)
    Log in to MySQL with your current username and password then execute this query.
Code:
SET PASSWORD FOR 'username'@'localhost' = PASSWORD('password');

2.) You can create a new user and pass.
    Log in to MySQL with your current username and password then execute this query.
Code:
CREATE USER 'username'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY 'mypass';
    Then grant access to the DB for your new user.
Code:
GRANT ALL ON DARKEDEN.* to 'username'@'yourIP';
GRANT ALL ON USERINFO.* to 'username'@'yourIP';
GRANT ALL ON DARKEDEN.* to 'username'@'localhost.localdomain';
GRANT ALL ON USERINFO.* to 'username'@'localhost.localdomain';
flush privileges;
quit;

Then you will want to go back and do as Chevy stated before and change the .conf files to reflect the changes you made (update the password and/or username)
Back to top Go down
http://thedarkedenforum.forumotion.com
Dickman
Commoner

PostSubject: Re: [Tutorial] v6.67 Tutorial + Server Files + Client (eng + cn)   Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:52 am

Alllrighty then! Thanks for the quick and informative responses!

I tried every possible way to change the user name but after several failures I tried making another account and give it the permissions. No success on that either.

So I just changed my password successfully for the dk667 to something extraordinary so I should be safe, lol. Now that I got past the easy parts, can someone explain how to remove/modify the current [launcher].exe so that I can use it and delete the .bat?

I tried unpacking the .exe-file but with little benefits. It holds some data.files but nothing that I could edit properly.

My goal is to get the client ready so that I could send it to my friends so they could test the server. And to you guys if anyone is interested to check it out. And at some point make the server public (it will be a lot different to common servers out there but also in many ways old-school focusing on constant gaming experience and not just the End Gaming that the current servers use; harder monsters, low exp rate etc.. also a lot of modifications on dialogues have already been made)

But back to the point!

Can the .exe file be made/edited at this stage? Or do I need the website (+ seperate hosting laptop online 24/7) so I can change the updater's log-files to make the .exe work too?

I haven't got to make the website yet and not sure if it is required or not. (I will make it at some point)

Ps. extra-question: how to set change DB to use those "eNames" that have corrensponding monster and weapon names in game etc? I have all dialogues, windows etc already in English already but the stuffs like monster/item/npc names are all in KR

Pps. Cheers!
Back to top Go down
Dickman
Commoner

PostSubject: Re: [Tutorial] v6.67 Tutorial + Server Files + Client (eng + cn)   Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:03 am

With the translation-question I want to specify that I did read Chevy's Hex-editor guide and understood it but, to be honest, I'm not too keen on going through everything with the hex editor.. So just asking out of desperate fear that is there any way of using the "enames" that you can see with SQL? - everything I need translated is located there but I'd love to get it to the client without days of work with hex-editors, lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [Tutorial] v6.67 Tutorial + Server Files + Client (eng + cn)   Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:48 am

in your client .dpk, there is info folder.
Creature.inf - translate it, and npcs & mobs have translated names.
Item.inf - translates item names.

I hounestly have no idea if there is an alternative for hex translating.
I´ve heard some br´s have got themselves item translator or something, but I think it´s just BS and they are kinda begging for attention, lol.

And about the launcher 6.67 client has. if it has "Dk Shadow" launcher, then just edit it with Hex editor, search for "new start" or "futec" and change the ip, it also has in there links for the buttons and the browser window in it.
But for the official launcher, thats more difficult, and I havent been able to get it working properly for us either, so I can´t help you with it, atleats not just yet.

Back to top Go down
Wishaway
Commoner

PostSubject: Re: [Tutorial] v6.67 Tutorial + Server Files + Client (eng + cn)   Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:02 am

So my ip is comming up 169.... Not 192.168... What exactly is wrong and I tried using it but it said cannot connect to server.
Back to top Go down
Külaline

PostSubject: Re: [Tutorial] v6.67 Tutorial + Server Files + Client (eng + cn)   Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:24 pm

Wishaway wrote:
So my ip is comming up 169.... Not 192.168... What exactly is wrong and I tried using it but it said cannot connect to server.

It coming up 169 instead of 168 is most likely caused by the router you use or the setup of your router. It's possible you missed a step and that's why it's not connecting. There are many things that can cause it not to connect. Conf files could be set-up wrong, could be port issues, DB might have wrong username/password/IP. Best thing I can say is check to make sure there is no extra spaces in your username and passwords in conf files and DB. Also do the same with your IPs.

Sorry I can't help more. I will look into why your IP is that way and I will get back to you.

**Also does your computer IP start this way? Or is it just VmWare Giving you this problem?

Dexter
Back to top Go down
Wishaway
Commoner

PostSubject: Re: [Tutorial] v6.67 Tutorial + Server Files + Client (eng + cn)   Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:06 pm

On my v2 my ip was normal 192.168.5.10 with v7 I type in ifconfig my screen comes up diffrent than what ur screen shots are my ip is on its own line and the ip is 169.167.6.00 it looks somthing like that I can screen shot it for u and post the pic if that will help
Back to top Go down
Wishaway
Commoner

PostSubject: Re: [Tutorial] v6.67 Tutorial + Server Files + Client (eng + cn)   Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:09 pm

It's vm not my pc
Back to top Go down
chrisf
Commoner

PostSubject: Re: [Tutorial] v6.67 Tutorial + Server Files + Client (eng + cn)   Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:51 pm

Wishaway wrote:
It's vm not my pc
i can help you set it up if you would like it super easy
Back to top Go down
Wishaway
Commoner

PostSubject: Re: [Tutorial] v6.67 Tutorial + Server Files + Client (eng + cn)   Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:35 pm

Ok what do I need to do? And I like super easy lol I'm lazy
Back to top Go down
chrisf
Commoner

PostSubject: Re: [Tutorial] v6.67 Tutorial + Server Files + Client (eng + cn)   Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:12 am

Wishaway wrote:
Ok what do I need to do? And I like super easy lol I'm lazy
get teamviewer or add me on skype i will help you when ever i can my skype is chris ferniza
Back to top Go down
Wishaway
Commoner

PostSubject: Re: [Tutorial] v6.67 Tutorial + Server Files + Client (eng + cn)   Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:49 am

Here if the pic sent
Back to top Go down
Wishaway
Commoner

PostSubject: Re: [Tutorial] v6.67 Tutorial + Server Files + Client (eng + cn)   Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:37 am

So I can get to the login screen but when I try to log in game it disconnects me the vmware says void character what might be the problem if ur not to busy
Back to top Go down
chrisf
Commoner

PostSubject: Re: [Tutorial] v6.67 Tutorial + Server Files + Client (eng + cn)   Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:10 pm

did you setup the gameserver ip and did a network restart?
Back to top Go down
Wishaway
Commoner

PostSubject: Re: [Tutorial] v6.67 Tutorial + Server Files + Client (eng + cn)   Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:36 pm

I set up game server ip but I don't think I did a network restart
Back to top Go down
chrisf
Commoner

PostSubject: Re: [Tutorial] v6.67 Tutorial + Server Files + Client (eng + cn)   Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:55 pm

try /etc/rc.d/init.d/network restart
idk if it will work for 6.67 but it does on v2
Back to top Go down
Wishaway
Commoner

PostSubject: Re: [Tutorial] v6.67 Tutorial + Server Files + Client (eng + cn)   Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:56 am

it didn't work VMware just keep saying login ok than void virtual player socket socket blah blah starting to make me mad
Back to top Go down
Happery
Commoner

PostSubject: Re: [Tutorial] v6.67 Tutorial + Server Files + Client (eng + cn)   Sun May 03, 2015 4:39 am

Hi! First of all, thanks for new build. But I have a trouble.
client didn't starts up (problem with gameguard). I turned off anti-virus, firewall, cleaned up hosts file, deleted gemeguard folder/downloaded other version, run as administrator, changed compatibility mode to Win XP sp3. My OS is Win7 64. Problem with both clients. Thay were tested on 2 different PC (Win 7 / Win XP).
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Need your help!

P.S.
Problem with server solved. (not edited sharedserver.conf¬). Client side still with error.
Back to top Go down
Happery
Commoner

PostSubject: Re: [Tutorial] v6.67 Tutorial + Server Files + Client (eng + cn)   Mon May 04, 2015 4:07 pm

Deleted Anti - virus. Installed nProtect GameGuard Personal v3 (Game Optimization, drivers update, Firewall, anti-virus status check). All advices from google search. 3 types on internet connections - wi-fi, cable, through mobile 3G + wi-fi. No more ideas...
May be someone knows any other clients (without GameGuard)? Or how to turn it off and play without it?
Back to top Go down
brunohxcx
Peasant

PostSubject: Re: [Tutorial] v6.67 Tutorial + Server Files + Client (eng + cn)   Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:21 am

well... the server is ok, but im also having this gameguard problem... I tryed to run the client in a vm with win xp 32bit (no firewall and no antivirus) but still dont work, my pc has win 8.1 64bit.. will update it to win 10 on 29/06.. until there.. can i try something else?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Tutorial] v6.67 Tutorial + Server Files + Client (eng + cn)   

Back to top Go down

[Tutorial] v6.67 Tutorial + Server Files + Client (eng + cn)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3